Jackson-Bridge will offer 2019 Weekly Summer Camp boarding and non-boarding options which will begin June 4th and run through August 31st. Training will take place at Los Cab Sports Village. Our focus will include technical and tactical drilling, competitive mindset with points / sets play, and on-site fitness training and flexibility.
Compete on the Southern California Tournament Circuit on the weekends and train with other strong players during the week. Play competitive tournament matches under a coach’s tutelage while traveling with the team.
Bonfires at the Beach Huntington Pacific City, Knotts Berry Farm, Hollywood Universal Studios, Disneyland, Movies, Bowling & More
On-Court Training Blocks
Our daily training is divided into three time slots. The first is a 1hr block from 10-11 am being designated for private lessons, hitting lessons, fitness agility drills.
The second 2hr block begins at 12-2 pm for technical and tactical drills, hitting lessons, small group situational hitting, topical mental training, and fitness speed drills.
The third 2hr block begins at 3-6 pm as we transition into competition mode with sets and point play (singles and doubles), challenge matches, match tactics and routine training, private instruction, and hitting lessons. Included in this time slot is fitness training/athletic development from 4-6 pm.
Since all players have different areas of focus daily training may vary within the time slot (blocks). Typically players will train with 4 hours of tennis and 1 hour of fitness daily based on tournament schedules.
Working Effectively & Efficiently
- Player Evaluations: All players are evaluated through an extensive process unique to JBTA, then given specific developmental tasks to work on during their short stay camps.
- Live Ball Drilling: Our first session each day consists of rally drills with a large emphasis on power, consistency, target hitting, focus, endurance and shot tolerance.
- Competition / Tactical Training: Players will compete with many strong experienced players while learning court patterns and placement, offensive, and defensive awareness, how to play the score as well as defining their own games through competitive play.
- Athletic Development: All players will participate in the JBTA fitness program emphasizing injury prevention through strength and flexibility, followed by speed training, endurance, and agility.
Jackson-Bridge Tennis Academy is located at Los Cab Sports Village in Fountain Valley, One of the only tennis academy ready full-service facilities in California. Los Cab is 45 minutes from Los Angeles and 20 minutes from Newport Beach.
Los Cab Sports Village is the best club in Southern California for a tennis academy with all of the amenities needed for a successful, world-class academy.
SOCIAL & FUN
Besides the intensive daily training Jackson-Bridge players experience a balance of hard work and social fun with team building clinics and match play events. Living in SoCal there is no shortage of interesting venues to experience.
Events include going to movies, the many beaches, SoCal landmarks, not to mention amusement parks like Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, and Six Flags Magic Mountain. To add an educational component we will visit the many world-class museums like the Getty in Los Angeles.
Students will visit prospective college tennis team campuses like USC, UCLA, with our COLLEGE PLACEMENT TEAM
Summer Camp Schedule
Individual schedules vary based on private lessons, tournament travel, and academic requirements. For more information about daily training click here: SCHEDULE INFO
- Lessons / Stretch or Agility 10.00 am – 11.00 am
- Nutrition Break 11.00 am – 11.30 pm
- First Training Session 12.00 pm – 2.00 pm
- Nutrition Break 2.00 pm – 2.45 pm
- Second Training Session 2.55 pm – 5.00 pm
- Fitness Training 5.00 pm – 6.00 pm
- Dinner & Lights Out 6.30 pm – 10.00 pm
For all Clinics, Tournaments, Social Events, Training Evaluations, and more be sure to take a look at our calendar. New event listings click here: EVENTS SCHEDULE
Matches & Points Play, On-Court Drills, Mental Training, On-Court & Off-Court Fitness
Full Day 6 hrs – 10-6 pm (10-11 am, 12-2 pm & 3-6 pm)
Summer sessions run for 10 weeks (June 15th-August 31st).
CUSTOM SUMMER PLAN:
Options include Additional Private Lessons, Hitting Lessons, Tournament Travel and Coaching, Fitness, and Sponsorship Fund-raising.
(Private lesson packages are discounted when purchased with a monthly program). Boarding student will have 24-hour supervision.
SUMMER BOARDING CAMPS
– Add $200 (Weekend Stay + Tournament Team)
– $10,000 (Full Summer Season – 10 Weeks)
– 1 Month includes Weekly Private Lessons
– Custom Programs Available
Summer Tuition is pre-paid before attending sessions. For payment options contact our registration office. Account credit may be issued in the event of an injury or illness otherwise no refunds for prepaid sessions.
Have more questions CONTACT US at our registration office or call our office at (949) 287-2878
BUILD A CUSTOM SUMMER PLAN
Summer is an ideal time to increase your on-court training. Register today for a comprehensive summer program. Receive 10% off + UTR discount when you register for a summer program before March 15th, 2019.