Short Stay Boarding Camps
At Jackson-Bridge we offer short stay boarding and non-boarding camps to fit your personal schedules. These camps are offered all year long and include summer and holiday camps. Players can stay for a week or stay longer and add tournament competition on the weekends with our TOURNAMENT TEAM. The camps are held at Los Cab Sports Village, and the focus is on technique, tactical training and drilling, competitive mindset with points/ set play and on-site tennis specific fitness.
Players will train along with JBTA full-time players in the same training regimen that produces many top juniors and Division 1 college recruits with professional aspirations. Players will also enjoy the social calendar of our boarding players with beach trips, malls, professional sporting events, and tourist stops.
On-Court Training Blocks
Our daily training is divided into two time slots. The first is a 2-hour block from 12-2:30 pm being designated for technical and tactical drills, hitting lessons, small group situational hitting, topical mental training, and agility drills.
The second 3-hour block begins at 3 pm as we transition into competition mode with set and point play (singles and doubles), challenge matches, match tactics and routine training, private instruction, and hitting lessons. Included in this time slot is fitness training/athletic development from 4-6 pm.
Since all players have different areas of focus daily training may vary within the time slot (blocks). Players are encouraged to take ownership of their daily training needs under our guidance and supervision. Typically players will train with 4 hours of tennis and 1 hour of fitness daily based on tournament schedules.
Working Effectively & Efficiently
- Player Evaluations: All players are evaluated through an extensive process unique to JBTA, then given specific developmental tasks to work on during their short stay camps.
- Live Ball Drilling: Our first session each day consists of rally drills with a large emphasis on power, consistency, target hitting, focus, endurance and shot tolerance.
- Competition / Tactical Training: Players will compete with many strong experienced players while learning court patterns and placement, offensive, and defensive awareness, how to play the score as well as defining their own games through competitive play.
- Athletic Development: All players will participate in the JBTA fitness program emphasizing injury prevention through strength and flexibility, followed by speed training, endurance, and agility.
Jackson-Bridge Tennis Academy is located at Los Cab Sports Village in Fountain Valley, One of the only tennis academy ready full-service facilities in California. Los Cab is 45 minutes from Los Angeles and 20 minutes from Newport Beach.
Los Cab Sports Village is the best club in Southern California for a tennis academy with all of the amenities needed for a successful, world-class academy.
SOCIAL & FUN
Besides the intensive daily training Jackson-Bridge players experience a balance of hard work and social fun with team building clinics and match play events. Living in SoCal there is no shortage of interesting venues to experience.
Events include going to movies, the many beaches, SoCal landmarks, not to mention amusement parks like Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, and Six Flags Magic Mountain. To add an educational component we will visit the many world-class museums like the Getty in Los Angeles.
Students will visit prospective college tennis team campuses like USC, UCLA, with our COLLEGE PLACEMENT TEAM
Short Stay Camp Schedule
Individual schedules vary based on private lessons, tournament travel, and academic requirements. For more information about daily training click here: SCHEDULE INFO
- Private Lessons 10.00 am – 11.00 am
- Nutrition Break 11.00 am – 11.30 pm
- First Training Session 12.00 pm – 2.00 pm
- Nutrition Break 2.00 pm – 2.45 pm
- Second Training Session 2.55 pm – 5.00 pm
- Fitness Training 5.00 pm – 6.00 pm
- Dinner & Lights Out 6.30 pm – 10.00 pm
Short Stay Events
For all Clinics, Tournaments, Social Events, Training Evaluations, and more be sure to take a look at our calendar. New event listings click here: EVENTS SCHEDULE
Short Stay Boarding Camps
Matches & Points Play, On-Court Drills, Mental Training, Fitness
Path: Pro & College (5hrs) 12-6 pm (12-2 pm & 3-6 pm)
CUSTOM SHORT STAY PLAN:
Options include Additional Private Lessons, Hitting Lessons, Tournament Coaching, Fitness, and College Placement Evaluation.
Tuition is pre-paid before attending sessions. For payment options contact our registration office. Account credit may be issued in the event of an injury or illness otherwise no refunds for prepaid sessions.
SHORT STAY BOARDING CAMPS
– Add $200 (Weekend Stay + Tournament Team)
– $900 (Fifth-week rate)
Have more questions CONTACT US at our registration office or call our office at (949) 287-2878
BUILD A CUSTOM SHORT STAY PLAN
A Short Stay camp is perfect for players in traditional or independent study schools with holiday weeks that can be used for training blocks. Register today for a comprehensive Short Stay program. Receive UTR discount when you register 2 months in advance.